Revised Drought Contingency Implementation of Stage 1
July 12, 2022
North Harris County Regional Water Authority (NHRWA), who provides the water for Northwest Harris County MUD 6, is recommending that districts they serve implement Stage 1 of their Drought Contingency Plans. This will go into effect July 13, and continue until notice is provided that the implementation has been lifted.
The goal is a 5% reduction in all water use and is currently voluntary. Mandatory measures may be imposed, if a water shortage continues.
Please conserve water daily under the following guidelines:
- District customers are requested to voluntarily reduce all water usage.
- Check for and repair all leaks, including sprinkler systems, leaky faucets, and/or running toilets.
- All outdoor water use should be avoided between the hours of 6:00 a.m. and 8:00 p.m.
- Customers with even-numbered addresses should limit outdoor water usage, including yard watering, to Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday.
- Customers with odd-numbered addresses should limit outdoor water usage, including yard watering, to Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.